Purpose Built Student Accommodation Approved by Letterkenny Institute of Technology.
Welcome to Letterkenny Student Accommodation
Letterkenny Student Accommodation is a modern purpose built Section 50 complex consisting of 1,2, & 3 bedroom Apartments & Townhouses, which have been designed and built specifically for Students attending the Letterkenny Institute of Technology. Students have the options of sharing or renting a full Apartment.
Approved by Letterkenny Institute of Technology
The Apartments & Townhouses are located in the heart of Letterkenny and all are within 6 minutes walk to the Institute of Technology and are conveniently located within 5 minutes walking distance of Shops, bars, clubs,Cinema, doctor & dentist surgery’s, chemist & banks etc .
TheBus Eireann Stationis within 5 minutes walk from all our Accommodation’s and this area is also the base for allprivate bus operatorscoming into town from all major towns .
This is an extremely popular development under the Section 50 Student Accommodation Scheme, with all the social, educational and transport amenities of the fastest growing town in Europe on your doorstep, and still within east distance of the wide open country truly the perfect mix of rural and urban living
Each unit has been designed to the highest specification, and are fully fitted and furnished throughout and great thought has gone into every detail to cater for the student’s
There are apartments within the complex, which are specially adapted for students with special needs
Letterkenny Student Accommodation
Safe, Secure, Comfortable and Affordable, purpose built student accommodation offers the following Facilites/Services to suit every students needs, all our Apartments and Townhouses are fitted to the highest standard Board Failteïs approval and grading 4 standard.
The advantages to LYIT students choosing to reside with us are:
Only 7 minutes walk to the Letterkenny Institute of Technology and 3 minutes walk to Letterkennyï¿½s Main Street. where theFacilities nearby include: Doctors Surgery, Pharmacy, Letterkenny Shopping Centre, Courtyard Shopping Centre, Butchers,Post Office, Easons, Donegal Stationary,Banks, Bus Eireann, Private Bus operators, Century Cinema. Numerous restaurants, bars, nightclubs, & Aura Leisure Centre.
Hassle free booking of accommodation for the academic year.
Being with a community of students attending the LYIT
Letterkenny Student Accommodation consists of three apartment types:
1. Two bedroom apartments
2. Three bedroom apartments
3. One bedroom apartments
Apartments have single and twin bedrooms
Our Accommodations are in a highly desirable location in the heart of Letterkenny and includes:
- On Site Administration Office with an experienced team manning the office Monday to friday
- Fax and Photocopying Services (Facilities are vailable for small fee at the Administration Office)
- Smoking is not permitted in Houses, Apartments or communal areas.
- Smoking is permitted and facilitated only in dedicated outside areas.
- Limited Number Car Parking spaces available, Parking is available in the public car parks adjacant to the accommodations
- All Apartments are accessiable directly from a secure common front door by way of intercom / door release to ground floor lobby and connecting stairwell to all floors
- Monitored fire protection system in each Apartment & common area
Kitchen ⁄ Living Area:
Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchen/Living room consisting of all necessary equipment for modern day living while you are away from home.
- Multi Channel TV ⁄ Video (Combi) in each apartment living room
- Washer ⁄ Dryer, Electric hob/oven, Microwave, Fridge, Cutlery, crockery Cooking Utensils ,kettle, toaster,Vacuum Cleaner, Iron/ Ironing board, brushes/ mops /buckets.
- Living & Dining areas are fully furnished to ensure a home from home ambience is achieved
Maintenance of excellent living conditions is a priority of Letterkenny Student Accommodation:
- A regular cleaning service is provided to all entrance halls,common areas, stairwells, as maintenance of excellent living conditions is a priority.
- Regular monthly scheduled inspections of Apartments Students are liable for the cost of engaging contract cleaners where apartments are being neglected
- Private weekly refuse collection
Bedrooms / Study Facilities:
- Students are required to provide their own bed linen and towels except by special arrangements
- Bed linen is provided for International /Erasmus Studentsonly. i.e (Duvet,duvet cover pillow, and sheets, 2 bath towels)
- Study desks, bedside lockers, lamps, Wardrobes, clothes hangers, waste bin
- Study bedrooms are designed to match the needs of students and include 24 Hour access High Speed Broadband Connection available in each bedroom. Students need to provide their own Laptops/computers and CAT 5 network cable to access the the internet
- All beds are provided with a mattress protector.
24 hour high speed Internet connection in each Bedroom
- 24 hour High speed Internet point available in each bedroom .
- Students need to provide their own laptops Cat 5 cable to connect to broadband.
24 Hour Recorded CCTV
The Letterkenny Student Accommodation and its surrounds is constantly monitored by our security personnel who assume responsibility for the safe keeping of the accommodation Premises and its Tenants. To supplement Security patrols, the Accommodations are monitored by 24 hour Digital Recording cameras which record activity inside and outside, on to a computer hard disk with instant retrieval available, and with the co operation of the residents, a safe and pleasant living environment will be maintained for all. Smoke Alarms heat detectors are fitted as standard throughout. Outside Security Lighting with CCTV Coverage 24/7
Residents are responsible for their own security, that of their apartment and their possessions. Residents should ensure that they have their key on their person at all times. Giving access to residents who are locked out may mean that you will have to wait before we can reach you, So please dont forget your key.
Electricity Apartments only
The ESB is run on a top up card system so Students will not accumulate any bills. cards are available from the Administration office on site.
There is however an Emergency top up facility in each apartment at the touch of a button.
Each house is metered as a unit and the residents are responsible for dividing and paying their ESB Accounts. If ESB bills are not paid on time then the ESB may disconnect power. Tenants are responsible for any reconnection fees incurred.
Arrangements can be made by appointment to view accommodation outside office hours
For further details please contact the Management on + 353 74 91 25671
(*Approved under section 50)